You have an application running on Wildfly and would like to debug it remotely using eclipse.
Starting Wildfly in Debug Mode
- Go to bin directory of your Wildfly Installation.
- Kick Start your Wildfly in Debug Mode with the following command.
For Linux1standalone.sh --debug --server-config=standalone.xml
For Windows1standalone.bat ––debug ––server-config=standalone.xml
Note: This is when you are using standalone.xml if you are using standalone-full.xml replace the config option.
Configuring Eclipse to Remote Debug an Application
- By Default the debug port used by Wildfly is 8787. Now go to Eclipse IDE and do the following changes.
- Go To Run–> Debug Configurations
- Look for “Remote Java Application”
- Right Click on it and select new.
- Give an appropriate name of this remote debugging application.
- Give hostname as the host where the system is running if it is localhost host give
Host: 127.0.0.1 or localhost
Let “Allow termination of remote VM” as checked.
- Click on Debug Option to start the debugger.